Thursday, September 18, 2008

I have hundreds of letters from parents of sons in my inbox

I will answer each one personally but here's an example of what I'm hearing:


I came home today more frustrated than I believe I have ever been with the Public School System. Once again, my son brought home a “red slip” from school. Talk about anxiety building for him and for me. Can’t help to think maybe I have flunked out as a parent... He is a great, funny, very active, beautiful blued eye, six year old boy. Love him to pieces and would not trade him for the world. As much frustration he brings me in certain situations he also brings me ten times the amount of joy. Thanks again for sharing your book. I sure needed it right when I received it.


I worked hard to make this book useful to parents and teachers. Letters like this are pretty gratifying.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could have written this letter exactly. I am frustrated and angry and feel I have nowhere to turn. The school keeps insisting we need to make changes at home - but we have no problems at home!! Meanwhile my son's self-confidence is taking a beating.
I haven't read your book yet but am about to buy it.

September 19, 2008 at 1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just finished the book. It couldn't have come at a better time for my family. I have 3 sons all in elementary school. My youngest is having the most difficult time and he's only in Kindergarten. I plan on using the book as my guide for our meeting with the teacher and school counselor. It's almost as if Peg was writing about my son. I'm so glad to know it's not just us and not just our school that is struggling to deal with our little boys. I just hope it's not too late and that changes can be made.

October 16, 2008 at 3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home