Monday, November 3, 2008

TTWB: On Tour

Sorry for the long silence. I've been on an extended book tour which has taken me to California, Florida, Texas and now Kansas City. Almost everywhere I go, I've been speaking to packed crowds --teachers, parents and school administrators. It has been a pure joy.

Two week ago, I got to talk to executives at Google, which was also a tremendous pleasure. Such smart folks! And so concerned with education! They put my talk on youtube. If you search for my name on Youtube you'll find it or you can click on this link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gEqI86KRAA

1 Comments:

Blogger Sister Cindy said...

Hi Ms. Tyre--
Just wanted to thank you for Chapter 4 "Preschool Blues"--it is spot-on! I wish every preschool teacher could understand that it is possible to have a play-based preschool and still provide a great pre-school learning experience for kids, especially boys. I am a director/teacher of a preschool in Fairfield, CT. We have a play-based program and I'm not surprised that we have always had more boys enrolled than girls! But I am happy to say that both the girls and the boys are benefitting from shorter circle times, hand-on learning, big indoor playgrounds and plenty of unstructured play. I so wish I could get the parents to understand that kids don't need to sit still at tables to do the best learning. There is a place for that; but at the preschool level, learning thru play is so much more important! I'm looking forward to reading the next chapters, and hearing you speak on the 18th in Fairield. Thank you for bringing this issue to the forefront--I hope and pray that more teachers will understand this issue and earnestly seek to help our boys be all they can be.
C. Barker
Fairfield, CT

November 3, 2008 at 10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home